Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ode To A Brat(wurst)

Ode to a brat.

My friend as you sizzle so fragrant and smelly
won't you please take up residence in my belly?
With a little honey dijon, some caramelized onions and Bavarian style kraut
of all the sausages, is there any doubt?

Brats are so savory. In truth, bratwurst is just an unsmoked, mildly spiced, pork sausage. Fry them in a skillet (boiled first, until done, of course) with eggs. Douse the finished brat with 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar for a nice glazed sausage.

Try them with my Bavarian style kraut. Add 1/4 c. sugar and 1 tsp. fennel seeds to a can of sauerkraut. Warm slowly over med-lo.

For a great mustard accompaniment, add 2 tbsp. honey to 1/4 c. dijon mustard. If desired, also add 5 dashes or more Tabasco.

Put 'em on a bun with slowly caramelized onions, or kraut, or mustard, or all three!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try your Bavarian style kraut, it sounds awesome! However you are going to have to make it for me okay my big Brother?? :)

    ReplyDelete